Treasury Management: A Powerful Tool to Increase Deposits and Fee Income | Credit Union
Credit Union Treasury Management Training. Treasury Management: A Powerful Tool to Increase Deposits and Fee Income. During this basic course, we will review all the treasury management services that are available in the market. You will learn about the new services, technology, and authentication methods now available and decide which ones your business members may need based on their industry. You will learn strategies to cross-sell the right treasury management services your business members need from the start.
The loan officers of today must be “lenders” as well as “deposit gatherers.” Credit unions are searching for ways to increase core deposits and non-interest fee income: treasury management is the answer. In this course, you will gain a deeper understanding of how the Sales, Treasury Management, IT, Marketing, and Deposit Operations team members must collaborate to successfully sell and implement these services at your institution. We will cover the ideal organizational design for treasury management and how to incentivize the sales team.
You will walk away from this credit union treasury management training course with a deeper knowledge of treasury management, learn to conduct risk assessments on new services, and learn strategies to increase core deposits. You’ll also bring ideas back to your institution on how to market treasury management services to your business members and ways your team can work better together knowing how critical each area is to the success of the implementation and sale of these services.
- Part I – Foundational Knowledge
- Part II – Marketing & Sales Process
- Part III – Product Implementation
- Part IV – The Future of Treasury Management
- Maximizing the account analysis statement as a tool to cross-sell and identify new fee income opportunities
- Quick overview of all treasury management services and identifying enhancements focusing on each service’s benefits to businesses—the value
- Identifying new services available that your business members are asking for that you may be missing
- How to determine which services you need to offer to your business members based on industry
- How treasury management integrates with technology, operations, marketing and sales teams
- Ideas on how to market and brand your treasury management services
- The ideal organizational design for treasury management and how to incentivize your credit union business development professionals
- Process to implement treasury management services
- How to choose the right digital payment strategy for your business members
- Identifying new authentication methods to enhance your services’ security
Who Should Attend
Commercial loan officers who want to learn about treasury management services and their benefits to business members, Treasury management sales officers/specialists, Deposit Operations personnel, IT, and Marketing staff. This course is also designed for Presidents/CEOs who are looking for the ideal organizational structure for Treasury Management and looking for additional non-interest fee income as well as new core deposits.
Why You Should Attend
To obtain a better understanding of the value of treasury management services and using them as a core deposit growth and increased fee income strategy. To learn more in-depth how treasury management interacts with the commercial lending, IT, and deposit operations teams. You will also learn about the future services your institution should offer to your members and how new payment systems may affect your institution.
Key Learning Objectives
- Gain a deeper understanding of treasury management
- Gain knowledge of treasury management services and how they help your business members
- Learn how treasury management is integrated with the institution’s technology, operations, marketing, and sales teams and how they can work together better
- Learn about risks that treasury management services pose to the institution
- Identify new fee opportunities, how to market and brand your treasury management services, and ideas on how to sell more services by meeting your members’ needs
- Learn about a sales process and how to customize it for your institution
- Learn about the future of treasury management and how your institution can prepare
The cash management services have been around for over forty years. In recent years, the name was changed to treasury management. However, both terms are used interchangeably in the financial services industry. Treasury management services include all the services financial institutions offer to business members to help them handle their cash on a daily basis. With increased new technology-based services come increased risk for both the financial institutions and the business members who use the services. Therefore, it is crucial for both institutions and business members to get educated on which cash management services are available, what their risks are, and how they can be used to maximize the management of the business’ daily cash to improve profits.
Product Development Specialist
Central Minnesota Credit Union
Project Leader – Small Business Strategy