Vendor Management Program – How Model Risk Fits In | Credit Union
Audience: Credit Unions
Format: 90 Minute Webinar
Credit Union Vendor Management Program – How Model Risk Fits In. With credit unions increasingly relying on third-party providers to offer their products and services comes increased risk. Starting with the core system, should you outsource it or keep it in-house? And following with the rest of all the products you offer to your business members that depend on technology, how in depth should your due diligence be? In this educational session, Marcia provides best practices based on the FFIEC IT Examination Handbook to help you develop a simple yet comprehensive Vendor Management Program.
In addition, along with Vendor Management, which includes all the third-party providers of systems and software, comes yet another risk—Model Risk. The presenter will explain step by step the OCC SR Letter 11-7 following their guidance on Model Risk Management. You will walk away with a clearer understanding of where Vendor Management and Model Risk Management fit it within your ERM program.
- How Vendor Management Program fits in within Enterprise Risk Management
- Vendor Management Program Components
- Vendor Management Policy and Procedures
- Vendor Due Diligence
- Example of Vendor Risk Assessment
- Monitoring and Reporting Assessment Results
- Definition of Model Risk and how it applies to your Institution
- The OCC SR Letter 11-7 – A Step by step explanation
- Examples of Model Risk – How it affects your institution
- Example of Model Risk Assessment
- How to establish your own Model Risk Management Program
Who Should Attend
Chief Risk Officers, Risk Managers/Leaders, Chief Credit Officers, Chief Financial Officers, Compliance Officers, Internal Auditors, IT personnel, Presidents involved in the risk management process and their ERM program
Why You Should Attend
To learn what Vendor Management is about, obtain tools and take initial steps to create a complete yet simple Vendor Management Program in your institution. This webinar will help your institution identify key vendor relationships and conduct the appropriate due diligence. In addition, you will learn how Model Risk fits in the Vendor Management and how model risk affects your institution from a simple Excel spreadsheet to the more complex reports produced by your core system.
Key Learning Objectives
- Increase overall knowledge of Vendor Management and what it means to have a Vendor Management Program
- Understand how Vendor Management is part of your ERM Program
- How to complete the Model Risk Assessment which is part of the ERM Risk Assessment
- Benefits of having a Vendor Management Program established
- Benefits of having a Model Risk Management Program in place
There are currently no scheduled events with this topic. If you are interested in this training, please use our contact page to let us know.